Thursday, April 11, 2013

Damon Dash Talks His Relationship With 'Aaliyah' And Fall Out With Jay-Z, 'Im Done With The Music Industry'



Damon Dash Talks About His Relationship With 'Aaliyah' And His Fall Out With Jay-Z + Dame Dash Says He's Done With the Music Industry!! --- Damon Dash is his own boss. He sat down on The Combat Jack Show to discuss his role as a business man, family man and spoke about his relationships with Aaliyah and Jay-Z.

On his fall out with Jay-Z:
"I was disappointed in the friendship part of it because it was mostly friendship with Roc-A-Fella men but sometimes it's hard to be a friend with someone when it's business. The business stuff is not the most pleasant thing...I don't think it's an issue with him. I think we just took different paths. Period. I'm proud of everything that he's done and I'm proud of everything that I've done since then. I feel like whatever his dreams are, he's made his dreams come true but, my dreams aren't the same as his."
On being a boss:
"I enjoy business, being an entrepreneur on every level. I really enjoy it. I really enjoying my independence. I enjoy doing businesses without anyone's help."

On his relationship with Aaliyah and dealing with her death:

"She was funny. She used to ride out. My heart was broken [when she died]. I felt like a fucking broken heart, like you feel when someone you love dies. You have to push through it. God does things and put certain things in front of you to see how strong you are. It's defining pain."

Listen to the insightful interview below.



No comments:

widgets

SPORTS NEWS