Thursday, April 18, 2013

Jackie Robinson Biopic '42' Sets a Baseball Movie Record, Earning $27.3 Million Opening Weekend! Peep Out The Movie Review From The Shadow League.



Jackie Robinson BioPic '42' Sets a Baseball Movie Record, earning $27.3 million Opening Weekend! Peep Out The Movie Review From The Shadow League. -- Having been born and raised in Brooklyn, NY, I was nurtured with the notion that my borough had three forefathers: Jesus Christ, Big Daddy Kane and Jackie Robinson.

Though the older heads would rock cuts in their eyebrows and gold crucifixes over their Jackie Robinson jerseys, us younguns always took for granted the fact that we lived on hallowed ground. We never understood just how profound history was changed thanks to Kings County and two men who called it home. No, I’m not talking about Jesus and Big Daddy Kane – though Kane was that dude – I’m talking about Branch Rickey and Jackie Robinson.

That said, putting all Brooklyn bias aside, 42 is the best biographical piece I’ve seen since Dick Cheney’s bio, The Omen. Thanks to Brian Helgeland (I thought you had this one, Mookie?), this next generation of Brooklynites won’t be as oblivious to Jackie’s accomplishments as I was growing up. Truth be told, had 42 been released during my adolescent years, I would’ve rocked a Jackie Robinson throwback to church every Sunday. Read More Here

No comments:

widgets

SPORTS NEWS